THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL APPLY TO ANY USER-GENERATED ORDER YOU MAY PLACE WITH US.
In these Conditions:
- "the Publisher" means National World Publishing Limited, with registered address No1 Leeds, 4th Floor, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds LS12 1BE, registered in England and Wales with company no. 11499982;
- “the Publisher Group” means the Publisher, its parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries; and
- "the User" means any person or company submitting user generated material (“Submitted Material”) to the Publisher for placement in any of the Publisher Group’s newspapers, other publications, hosted websites and/or social media platforms.
Submitted Material is accepted at the sole discretion of the Publisher and is subject to the following conditions:-
- Acceptance of Terms. By using this service and website, User is agreeing to be legally bound by these terms which take effect immediately. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms, please do not access or use this service.
- Changes to Terms. The Publisher may change these terms at any time. It is the responsibility of the User to check the terms regularly and the continued use of the service by the User indicates acceptance of the amended terms, where applicable.
- Language. The Publisher expects all users to be polite and respectful. Users must avoid using offensive language (including swear words and sexual language). Submitted Material must be in English, not insult other contributions and not make or encourage defamatory, false, misleading, insulting, threatening, offensive, obscene, discriminatory or abusive comments.
- Warranty. The submission of material constitutes a warranty from the User to the Publisher that the Submitted Material is legal, decent, honest and truthful.
- Errors. It is the responsibility of the User to check the first publication of any Submitted Material and notify the Publisher immediately of any errors. The Publisher assumes no responsibility for reviewing or correcting any errors in the Submitted Material.
- Copyright. The User must not submit any material that they do not have permission to use. The submission of material by a User constitutes an assurance by the User that all necessary authority and consents have been secured in respect of the Submitted Material including (but not limited to) (a) images or any other representations of (or purporting to be of) living persons, and of references to any words attributed to living persons and (b) any copyrighted material belonging to a third party
- Confidentiality. The User shall be respectful of the privacy of others. Users must not share confidential or private information or any information that could prejudice pending or ongoing court proceedings (of which the User is aware) in the Submitted Material.
- Data Protection. The User’s personal data shall be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice. The User warrants that its Submitted Material shall comply with all applicable data protection laws, and that it has received any consents that may be required in order for the Publisher to publish and use the Submitted Material.
- Impersonation. The User must not impersonate another person or provide misleading information about themselves in their Submitted Material. Any personal connection to a story or topic should be disclosed.
- Use of Submitted Material. The User accepts and agrees that by submitting material, they grant the Publisher Group a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free non-exclusive licence to modify, publish, reproduce and create derivative works from the Submitted Material in any newspaper, websites or social media platforms published or managed by the Publisher Group.
- Advertising. Submitted Material must not be for advertising purposes or include advertising material.
- Removal, Suspension and Termination. The Publisher may choose not to publish (if checked in advance) or remove all or part of Submitted Material, if it violates these terms. User’s must not resubmit material they know to have been removed for these reasons. The Publisher reserves the right to suspend or ban any User at their sole discretion and may do so where these terms have been breached, for example.
- Indemnity and Limitation of Liability. The User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Publisher harmless against all losses, costs, damages, liabilities and expenses resulting from the violation of these terms by the User. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Publisher shall not be liable for any loss arising from the User’s use of the user generated service including but not limited to loss of data, loss of revenue or anticipated profit, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation, losses suffered by third parties, any indirect, consequential or exemplary damages.
- Access. The Publisher does not warrant or guarantee that the service or website(s) will be uninterrupted, error free or free of viruses or bugs.
- Governing Law. These terms shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales with any dispute governed exclusively by the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Date of last update: 1st July 2022